Re: Your Suggestion needed

>>>>> "Balaji" == Balaji Ramachandran <balaji.ramachandran@wipro.com> writes:

Balaji> Hi, I would like to introduce myself as "R.Balaji", working as
Balaji> Senior Software Engineer at Wipro Technologies (www.wipro.com)
Balaji> in INDIA.

Balaji> We would like to port an "eCos" to Motorola's MPC750 processor
Balaji> based CompactPCI board called MCP750.  (
Balaji> http://www.mcg.mot.com/cfm/templates/product.cfm?PageID=219&ProductID=22&PageTypeID=1

Balaji> )

Balaji> But already the "eCos" supports MPC860 processor based
Balaji> motorola evaluation

Balaji> board MBX860.  (
Balaji> http://www.mcg.mot.com/cfm/templates/product.cfm?PageID=216&ProductID=50&PageTypeID=1

Balaji> )

Balaji> I would like to know the efforts involved in porting MPC860
Balaji> code to MPC750 processor ASAP ( I am not familiar with PowerPC
Balaji> Architecture).

I saw your posting on the list. I didn't answer yesterday because I do
not have the time to investigate what a port would entail.  I wanted
to reply to you today, pointing you to the start of a new porting
guide that will be announced later today.

But if you are not familiar with the PPC architecture, the porting
guide (even if completed) would not be of help to you.

If you need a port or a port estimate ASAP for a commercial product,
may I suggest you contact ecos-info@cygnus.com.

Jesper