Re: compiler

I'm using the metaware compiler for the edb7xxx board

I made the decision to use another compilr/debugger because gdb didn't work
with my board (problem came up on the ml again thuis week).

Looking back it's not something I'd suggest somebody else to try.
*if* you insist on using another compiler, as an indication: it took me
about two months to get a working version of ecos.
It also cost me some configuration options and of course, difficulties in
incorporating new packages (e.g. TCP/IP).

my suggestion:
don't  switch compilers unless you absolutely must and expect real strange
results sometimes.

Rene

                    Suresh N
                    <nsuresh@cdotb.ernet.in>              To:     ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
                    Sent by:                              cc:
                    ecos-discuss-owner@sourceware.        Subject:     [ECOS] compiler
                    cygnus.com

                    06/28/00 01:16 PM

hi all

        we are planning to use singlestep debugger which  supports

diab compiler.

        so what are the issues involed to compile ecos using this or any

other compilers?

        has anybody already tried something like this?

        thanx in advance,

        bye

                                          N.SURESH
                                 Research Engineer,