Re: serial driver that uses block transfer...

Dave> Do any of the serial drivers use the block transfer mechanism
Dave> provided in CVS, if not is there any examples around? I can't
Dave> see any uses of it, but I'm assuming it was put in for a
Dave> reason...

None of the serial drivers have been changed to make use of
this. There are a few platforms which have serial with FIFO so they
could get changed if anyone needs the added performance.

The changes were made for a DSP driver which has a somewhat higher
throughput than a serial line. Unfortunately this driver is not to be
made public, so there are no examples of how to use the features.

It should be fairly easy to work out what to do though (it's even
documented, see
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/ecos-ref.12.html :)
I may get time to fix up a public driver to use this at some time.

Jesper