Re: Stub startup in Ram

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Fradette <emf8@po.cwru.edu> writes:

Eric> Hi, I am trying to use the AEB-1 stub image as a basis for a
Eric> port to a different board that uses the same microcontroller.
Eric> My board has the angle debug monitor so I want to first try the
Eric> stub out running in RAM under angel control.  I used the
Eric> configuration tool to choose the aeb-1 stub template and then
Eric> changed the startup to ram.  When I use gdb to download the
Eric> created image to the board it downloads to an address of
Eric> 0xfc007fac with a starting address of 0xfc000060.  My question
Eric> is where is this address coming from?  I can't find it defined
Eric> anywhere in the ecos files, and it is outside of the memory map
Eric> for my board.  Am I doing something wrong in how I configure the
Eric> stub for Ram startup?  I have read the new hal platform porting
Eric> process web page and followed the directions for creating a stub
Eric> for Ram startup.

The runes for building a stub relocates the image. See the build rules
under CYGBLD_BUILD_GDB_STUBS and hack it to your needs. The code was
never inteded to be run from RAM, so it doesn't cater for it.

Jesper