RE: [aeb] Bluetooth on aeb/arm and eCos

Firtly, the best place to ask these sorts of questions are on the eCos
discussion lists.  I've copied my response appropriately.

On 07-Jul-00 Andreas.Karlsson@combitechsystems.com wrote:

> I'm going to run Bluetooth on top of eCos.

This will be a great addition to eCos.  Do you plan to donate your work
back to us [say "yes"]?

> A have an open source Bluetooth stack from www.developer.axis.com/ but it is
> mapped to Linux.
> Is there anyone that have experiences from this kind of project?
> Any hints?
> My first compilation can't find files like tty.h, malloc.h, kernel.h,
> termios.h, module.h, sched.h, delay.h and so on. Most of them could be found
> in either the cygwin or the ecos directory. Will these files do good?
> Some files are found in several places, any idea which will be best?
> My first thought was that this won't be that hard but maybe it will...

The eCos I/O model is somewhat different from Linux [to say the least].  You'll
need to make some significant changes to get this to work on eCos.

I'd suggest that you use the Linux driver as a logical framework and then build
the eCos version based on the OpenBSD network stack we already have in place.

One thing to note: the Axis Bluetooth stack is GPL which is slightly incompatible
with the RHEPL.  As such, be careful of anything you import if you wish to make
it generally available to the eCos public.