Re: problems with MBUFs (TCP/IP stack)

On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 08:38:20PM +0200, Marco Monguzzi wrote:

> > Is it the number of times a TCP connection is established that
> > triggers the problem?

> It seems so. Running a web server (goahaead 2.1) over the
> TCP/IP stack we observed the same behavior: the MBUFs counter
> becomes bigger and bigger for each HTTP request (i.e. a TCP
> connection) done. At the end, the panic/warning condition about
> the MBUFs occours.

I've set up a test script that starts and stops my host-end
application, and so far have about 500 TCP/IP open/close cycles
without problems.  I haven't been printing MBUF counters, but I
haven't seen any panics or anything else odd.  After I let this
run for a while longer, I might have to try it with the program
from the test suite.

Is the source for the eCos port of the goahead publically
available?  Sometime in the next few weeks adding an HTTP
server is going to end up at the top of my list of things to
do.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com