RE: problems with MBUFs (TCP/IP stack)

> I've set up a test script that starts and stops my host-end
> application, and so far have about 500 TCP/IP open/close cycles
> without problems.  I haven't been printing MBUF counters, but I
> haven't seen any panics or anything else odd.  After I let this
> run for a while longer, I might have to try it with the program
> from the test suite.

I would appreciate whether you could provide me with you test programs.
I will try them on my target. A bit more on the behavior we observe with
server_test.c: we found that the problem is in the "close connection
sequence"
(close(client); Line 128). One MBUF remains allocated because not all the
needed
"free functions" are called. In detail, close() does not call tcp_close().
The latter should call the free() for the tcp_template that we think remains
allocated.

> Is the source for the eCos port of the goahead publically
> available?  Sometime in the next few weeks adding an HTTP
> server is going to end up at the top of my list of things to
> do.

The porting is distributed with 2.1 release version by goahead software.

Regards,
Marco