eCos on PID ROM build + serial

Hi,
	I've managed to get a build of my application as a ROM image
downloaded to the 16-bit Flash(I think) on the PID board however, my code
doesn't seem to be working like it did in RAM (surprise surprise), I have
no debug code as I need both serial ports, but I have a led switch on at
start up, and also at a certain point after so many chars are rx'ed, these
do switch on, but the serial is either getting incorrect data or is losing
some due to the FLASH,

Is the FLASH much slower than RAM, would relocating interrupt handlers to
RAM at startup be an idea? if so is it an easy to implement idea?

Thanks,
	Dave.

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.