stdio vs. diag_printf

Hi all,

I'm looking for ways to trim memory usage and am trying to
figure out how much of the stdio stuff I really need.  All I
really want is unbuffered output to the diagnostic port
supporting non-floating point "printf" formats.

Right now, debugging stuff is a mixture of printf() and
diag_printf().  If I change all of the debugging stuff to
diag_printf, can I loose some more library stuff?

IOW, does diag_printf require the stdio package?  If not, I
think this would, in turn, allow me to get rid of malloc() and
its associated heap and posssibly some other stuff.

Thanks,

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com