Re: stdio vs. diag_printf

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 11:33:09AM +0100, Hugo 'NOx' Tyson wrote:

> But beware: diag_printf is synchronous

That's a good thing if you're using the messages to figure out
if a particular line of code has executed.  ;)

> and disables interrupts for quite a long time.

That would be a problem.

I can't find the spot where interrupts are disabled in
daig_printf.  Can you perhaps point me towards the right source
file?

> Whether this matter depends on your network performance needs...

I try to keep diagnostic messages small enough to fit in the
UART's FIFO, so they generally don't "block".  If long messages
start to delay things, I'll crank up the baud rate some more.
I'm currently running at 57.6K, and can go as high as 460.8K if
I need to.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com