Re: PC boot image for 720k FDD

Most OSs actually write the diskette geometry onto the first sector of the
disk.  hmm... yes, here's how MS/DOS does it:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q140/4/18.asp.  Check out
the FAT boot sector section...  you can see that the diskette geometry is
stored there.  Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to add this little
structure to the beginning of the .bin file, and have the code itself use
these parameters to determine how to read the rest of the file.  Those
parameters could be controlled thru configuration or patched before
writing to the floppy...  (Would love to do this myself, but I *still*
can't compile eCos on my BSD system..)  Hope this helps...

-patrick