Re: Embedded ICE programming

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 07:39:10PM -0700, Fabrice Gautier wrote:

>> The Jeeni (along with the EmbeddedICE JTAG core on the processor) does all
>> of single-stepping, breakpoints, etc.
>
> Does it support external break?

Yes.  You should be able to stop execution of the ARM by sending gdb a
SIGINT.

> For now, I tried with a minimal eCos program: no libc, no serial driver, no
> gdb stub in HAL, no GDB external break support, no multithreading debug
> etc.... But a very simple
> "while(1) i=i+2;"
> program
>
> So I can connect to jeeni, i can load the program, If i set a breakpoint in
> my main it stop correctly. But I can't interrupt it by hitting the Stop
> sign. (Seems thats what Siegfried Schaefer talked about)

I don't know what the "stop sign" is.  I usually run gdb from the command
line, and ctrl-C stops the ARM.  Sometimes I run gdb using DDD, and clicking
the "interrupt" button stops the ARM.

> I suppose there is no way to have MultiThreading Debug Support via
> Jeeni.(Unless maybe there is some support in eCos).

I don't think that Gdb with Jeeni is kernel-aware the way it is with gdb
stubs.

> But external break should be possible

Yes, that should work.  What version of gdb are you using?  What host
system?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com