Re: Deleting threads and GDB.

Fabrice Gautier <Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> In the list archives, there is a thread about killing and deleting threads.
> It is said that when using cyg_thread_kill() the thread remains in fact like
> a Zombie. And that the (undocumented) function cyg_thread_delete should be
> used to erase completely the thread.

That's correct.

> But when I use GDB on a program that use the thread_delete function, the
> deleted thread is still in the list of processes.

Is this "the list of processes" as in a window in the GUI, or what "info
threads" tells you?

> And when I step throught the thread_delete function the thread disappear
> from the process list.

Just guessing, I expect GDB is remembering about the thread until it next
completely updates its thread list.  That probably happens while you are
stepping, but not when the program is just running, unless you make GDB
update the thread list.  "info threads" should do that.  If you are seeing
the problem in the CLI version of GDB with "info threads" that's likely a
real problem, tell the list more?

	- Huge