Re: Limitations of the actual ECOS release

"Huber, Matthias 6667 SFA-31" wrote:
> - serial I/O only available as streams, no file I/O on, say, "/dev/tty1"
> possible
> - no PTY's available (so I wrote my own serial pipe device)
> - no non-blocking I/O available in ecos-1.3.1 (now I use the developer
> version on anonymous CVS :-)
> - freopen not implemented (for switching of stdout/in; wrote my own freopen)
> - select only available through net package, therefore it works ONLY with
> sockets (what about providing file handling functions for serial I/O as
> well?)
>
> So my questions are:
> - Will these features ever be available?
> - If so, when? Is someone implementing already?
> - How about integrating the additional kernel functions from the net package
> into the main tree?
> - Does there a development schedule (or a todo-list) exist of the
> functionality that will be implemented next in ecos? What is planed for the
> next release(s)?

We are actively working on all of these, and we should be able to make an
announcement about it all some time soon. Suffice to say, it is not worth
you working on doing these yourself right now!  However, when we do put
this stuff out on anonymous CVS, there will inevitably be lots of gaps and
holes, so any help and contributions at that stage would be well received!

As it may take a while to fill the gaps and stabilize it all, don't expect
a full public release any time soon though - unless people really start
contributing a lot more! :-)