Fwd: Re: More question on GDB Stub for NECVR4373 board.

Subject: Re: [ECOS] More question on GDB Stub for NECVR4373 board.
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:56:55 +0800
From: Charles Feng <charles@zh.t2-design.com>

On Thu, 03 Aug 2000, Ling Su wrote:
> Hello, everyone,
>
> Since I met troubles to burn the gdbstub ROM for NECvr4373 board, I'd like
> to looking some help from the list. More specifically, I hope someone can
> help answer following questions, Thanks in advance!
>
> <1>. Has anyone successfully run eCos via the gdbstub on NECvr4373 board? I
> knew Jifl did it, I'd like to query if anyone else succeed in doing this?
We did and we're doing.

> <2>. I observed the PCI bus signal after I mounted  the gdbstub EPROM that I
> burned, there is no any active signal showing out there. Since the UART is
> on South bridge chip, it must be accessed via PCI bus, this mean something
> wrong with my gdbstub or my board. I doubt if my board doesn't work, or at
> least not fully functional. (But I am pretty sure the PMON comes along with
> the board works very well.) This is the reason I'd like to check if anyone
> else successd in burning the GDBSTUB except Jifl.
Please notice the endianess problem. The PMON runs in little endian while the
default comipler settings of ecos is big endian (if you don't know what
endianess is, read any MIPS books). You have to disconnect the jumper JP66 on
the board to set the endianess to be big.  After you have done this, I guess
you can connect to the gdb by your stub

  >  > <3>. Till this step, I have no clue to do further
observation, but I'd like > to burn a PCI test program in to EPROM to take a
test for the hardware. I > found there are two test cases, pci1.exe and
pci2.exe. Could I apply > "mips64vr4300-elf-objcopy -O binary" on them to a
binary file, and burn it > to the EPROM to test it directly without gdbstub?

--
Regards
Charles