Re: Reentrant Mutex

    Fabrice> I would like to have a reentrant mutex structure. Do you
    Fabrice> think there will have one someday in eCos ?

This came up on ecos-discuss a little while back, see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2000-06/msg00333.html

As far as I am concerned the standard eCos kernel mutexes are unlikely
ever to support recursive locking, partly because of the overheads
involved and partly because the whole concept of a recursive mutex is
flawed.

As reported by Boris, it is relatively straightforward to implement
recursive mutexes using the primitives provided by eCos. The kernel
could support such recursive mutexes via a separate C++ class plus
matching C API functions, as opposed to overloading the existing mutex
support, but that would be a decision for the kernel folks.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer