Re: IDT MIPS support

    Uri> I'm considering to use ecos with IDT MIPS 64474/5 , Does
    Uri> anyone is implementing/aware of such support.

I am not aware of any ports in progress to this MIPS variant.

    Uri> If this is not available can anyone comment on modifing other
    Uri> MIPS (NEC/Toshiba) to support the IDT?

I have not looked at the IDT parts. The TX39 is an implementation of
the 32-bit R3000 architecture, the NEC VR4300 is an implementation of
the 64-bit R4000 architecture (although the eCos port only uses it in
32-bit mode), so two of the main MIPS variants are already covered.
If the IDT part corresponds to one of these then a port should be
fairly straightforward.

There is no MIPS16 or 64-bit support in eCos yet, nor any port to a
MIPS IV implementation. If you need any of these then a port would
involve significantly more effort.

You also need to take into account the effort that will be needed for
a board port to whatever hardware you intend to use, plus any device
drivers that may be needed.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer