Re: Section garbage collection and function addresses

Things work for me with the tools mentioned in my message below. CFLAGS
are set to

-mips4 -EB -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline -Wundef
-Woverloaded-virtual -g -O2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fvtable-gc
-finit-priorit

Linker flags are set to

-mips4 -EB -g -nostdlib -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-static

The -mips4 flag my not be appropriate for your board.

I'm gone tomorrow for a week, so I won't be of much more help.