Re: Link problem with i386-pc platform

Alex Mathews wrote:

> Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> >
> > Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> > > Before enabling tracing the downloaded size was about 350-400k, is it
> > > possible that just enabling tracing  and asserts make the size more than the
> > > maximum allowed size (which should be 640ko minus 64 or 128k I think) ?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I've made changes to load above 1MB and have room upto 16MB.  I've
> tested the change with the hello world example.  I still need to test
> with larger programs.  I've made the below change to the memory layout.
> Is there any reason why I cannot make the below change to extend the
> length and begin above the 1M boundary for the i386 PC port?

Well, if you've tried it and it works, then probably not :-).  I'm curious
as to why you load above 1M though - any particular reason to start that
high?

The default is so low because we can't assume the amount of memory the PC
has. The PC is particularly bad since it can vary so much, so the default
assumption is quite low.

I assumed Fabrice had tried the same thing as you, and it didn't work - so
I put it down to some restriction of the PC HAL. Fabrice, did you actually
try just extending the ram region?