Re: make a program run at powerup on CL_PS7111 board with

Hi

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Gary Thomas wrote:

> On 24-Aug-2000 Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> >> 3) If I want to have a program (my application) run automatically when the
> >> CL_PS7111 is turn on,
> >>
> >>   a) does it mean that I have to build the application and then link it
> >> with eCos?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> >>   b) if it is, what are steps that I should do?
> >
> > Choosing ROM startup for your application (in the Cirrus Logic HAL
> > configuration options in the configuration tool) is the key thing.
> >

> Don't forget that this CPU requires a "wakeup" signal (interrupt, button, ??).
> When the CPU comes out of reset, it waits for the "wakeup" signal to actually
> start it up.  On the Cirrus Logic evaluation boards, this signal comes from
> a push-button.  On a PDA, for example, it might come from opening the lid.
>
> eCos is certainly capable of handling "startup from ROM" applications. But
> the application designer will have to solve the problem of awakening the CPU.

How to link my application to eCos is the part that I'm stuck.

1) Does eCos Configuration Tools (ECTs) have some options that I can set
and link my program?

If it does, could you please let me know?
I did set Startup type* to ROM for building a standalone application, but
I don't know how this is linked to my application.

2) Or, is it true that I can't use the ECTs to link eCos with my
application?

   - what are steps for linking an application to eCos?

   - or please refer me some documents that could help me on this. (I read
user's guide, ref, and started guide, but I still has no clue on this)

Thank you.
Vu