Re: Build eCos under Windows and Linux w/ same source tree?

Grant Edwards wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 10:55:19AM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
> > So far I've figured out that I need a Win32 version of "ecosconfig".  For
> > now I'd like to stick with command-line tool, since I've made changes to the
> > HAL memory-map files that would be over-written by the GUI tool.
>
> I downloaded eCos131.exe, but can't figure out how to extract
> the file I want (ecosconfig).  I tried executing the file, but
> it wants to "install" a bunch of stuff on my C: drive, which a)
> doesn't have room, b) isn't where I want stuff put.

Firstly, you can change the destination directory. But since installing the
source tree isn't what you want anyway, you could cheat - get the
ecosconfig.exe tool from http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html under
the bit about updated host tools.

> None of command-line parameters I've tried for eCos131.exe seem
> to have any effect. Is the Windows distribution available as a
> tar file w/o all of the install-wizard stuff?

Nope.

You also wrote:
>I'd like to be able to build eCos under Windows using the
>same source tree I build from under Linux.

Make sure you use the "Linux" version of the tree, i.e. without CRLF
endings. Otherwise you may get problems on Linux with CRs at the end of
lines such as preprocessor continuation chars, e.g.

#if defined(foo) || \
    defined(bar)