applying ecos-gcc-2952.pat under Cygwin

NB: If you build gcc/binutils/gdb on a Cygwin system where the
    directories were mounted in "text" mode and copy the
    resulting tools directory to one where it's mounted
    "binary" mode, it won't work. ;)

So, I've decide to re-build in "binary" mode [doing so
eliminates a couple different problems I previously ran into
during configure and make].

But, I was unable to successfully apply the ecos-gcc-2952.pat
file under Cygwin 1.1.4.  Well, actually I was able to apply
the patch, but it created files full of carriage-returns. This
resulted it failures when trying to run "configure". I verified
that neither the original files nor the patch file contained
carriage returns before I ran the "patch" command. I tried
patch both with and without the --binary option.

I untarred gcc-core and gcc-g++ under Linux, applied the patch,
re-tarred the result and untarred that under Cygwin, and it
seems to be working.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com