Re: UART communication

Andreas.Karlsson@combitechsystems.com wrote:
> > Can you clarify what you mean by CTS/RTS enabled? How did you
> > enable this?
>
> I enabled it with the cyg_io_set_config-function like this:

[snip]
> settings_buf.flags=CYG_SERIAL_FLAGS_RTSCTS; //enable CTS/RTS

I think you should find that setting this has no effect, which is why you
are seeing overruns. If you update to eCos from CVS, you will find that
"real" support for hardware flow control has been added to the generic
layer, although the only device driver that uses it currently is the ARM
PID serial driver.

However, it would not be difficult to make the same changes to the AEB
serial driver. Perhaps you should consider that?

Or if you update to CVS, you could try the software (XON/XOFF) flow control
which should "just work".