Re: Debug and Tracing?

    Colin> I must be really thick but I can't find out how to get
    Colin> the tracing working? What do I have to set and can
    Colin> I do it using ecosconfig ?

It can be done by manually editing the ecos.ecc savefile used by
ecosconfig. Details of this process can be found in the User's Guide,
the Manual Configuration section goes into some detail about the
savefile format and how to modify it.

Tracing is controlled by the CYGDBG_USE_TRACING option of the
infrastructure package. First you need to enable debugging generally,
i.e. CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG, which will provide some generic support.
Enabling debugging automatically switches on assertions
(CYGDBG_USE_ASSERTS) which you can disable - although I would advise
against that unless you are running into code size problems. It will
not give you tracing automatically because generally that is too
expensive, but you can enable tracing explicitly by changing the value
of CYGDBG_USE_TRACING.

In addition you need to decide what should happen to the events being
traced and how much information should be collected. There is more
information about this in the User's Guide, the section on
Debugging Techniques.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer