ARM - out of MBUFS - allowing FIQ's in splimp

I am using the EDB7212 board and TCP/IP.  I am playing audio and since the EP7212 serial ports only have 8 deep FIFOs, they have to be fed often (half empty FIQ every 100us with a 44.1KHz sampling rate).

Because of this, I was missing DAC FIQ's, thus samples, when doing TCP/IP transmit.

So I went into HAL_DISABLE_INTERRUPT and made it only disable IRQ's, still allowing FIQ's.  This corrected my DAC problem and no more samples were missing.  The effect was no more glitches in the audio playback.

Now, after hours of a single socket connection, I get "out of MBUFS" panics.  This traces back to the eth_drv_recv() function.

Is it possible this panic condition has been caused by my allowing DAC FIQ's?

Are there any other possible reasons for this panic condition?

My DAC ISR only uses ARM registers r8-r14.

thanks for any help,

Dan Ash
SonicBox