Re: Newbie Question!

> Hi,
> I am ready to volenteer for doing this. Can someone
> provide me insights into where I can get started.
>
> Regards
> Sasidhar

Look back in the email archive. There was a contribution of a PCI
library for the x86. You will need to intergrate this with the current
anoncvs tree. Its worth talking to Redhat about this. Maybe they are
already in the process of doing it?

You then need to get an i82559 card from somewhere. Thats the Intel
Intel EtherExpress Pro. The driver may also work on i82557 and i82558,
but its not been tested and probably needs some tweeking.

Then make sure the PCI library can find the card. The test program
pci1 should see it.

Copy packages/devs/eth/arm/ebsa285 into something like
packages/devs/eth/i386/pc and change all the CDL as needed.

Decide where to put the PCI memory window. Change the MMU to support
this. Also watch out for the new heap/malloc code. It may try to put a
heap on the PCI window.

Make the driver init function find the device and do a self test on it.

Make sure the interrupt handlers get call properly.

That should keep you busy for a while. I know my way around the i82559
driver so ask me questions if you want.

        Andrew