Anybody else using SMC2 on MBX860?

Hi,
I'm trying to get the SMC2 (serial port 2) working. My board is an
starterkit so it's equipped with everything needed for serial
communication via SMC2. Does anybody else using the serial port 2 for
communication? I have configured eCos so that the device drivers for
SMC2 is enabeled and I'm using the user functions provided in eCos. Is
this enough or do I need to enable anything else?

/Daniel Lind