Re: i386 architecture

What you are seeing is correct.  You are seeing data output to the
screen of the target system.  Any printfs will be displayed in your GDB
session and not on the target screen.  All output from the target goes
back over the serial line.  So, play with the example programs, or the
test programs to see if things are working correctly.

-Alex

"D.S.Phani Kumar" wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am experimenting eCos with the PC (386 compatible). I have configured the
> eCos and finally got some .img and .bin files. Then I copied this into a
> floppy using the Unix DD command. I booted another system using this floppy.
> The system shows some funny characters. I have connected this system to
> another using serial cable. Now when I tried to run the tests on the another
> PC the PC which is booted with eCos shows some funny characters.
>
> Does anyone can tell me what I should do. Are there any links/material/URL's
> read about configuring the eCos for the 386 PC's
>
> with best regards,
> D.S.Phani Kumar
> Wipro Limited, Global R & D,
> Chamundi Complex,