Re: Pseudo serial driver for Linux synthetic target?

    Chris> Sorry in advance if this has already been answered. Some
    Chris> time ago I believe there was some discussion about a driver
    Chris> to support serial communications on the Linux synthetic
    Chris> target. Is this available in the latest sources? If not,
    Chris> where can I get the sources for it.

Time for an update on this. The relevant code has now been
contributed, complete with copyright assignment, so it is ready to be
merged into the mainline sources. Unfortunately this may take a little
while. The contribution dates back to eCos 1.2.x, and various bits
will need to be updated before they'll work with the current sources.
Also the work was done in parallel with Patrick O'Grady's port to
the PC platform so I would expect some clashes in that area. I am
afraid I cannot provide an ETA at this time.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer