Re: Debugging via Ethernet. (on i386 platform)

> Now that I have this driver I would like to use it as a debug channel. (at
> least for download and/or diagnostic output)
> I think this is already possible on some platform. At least the RedBoot demo
> at ESC was showing that.
>
> But how do I do it with my i386?

You need to make redboot work. I don't know how the i386-PC target
does its booting. Can it have built in stubs? If it can you can do a
two phase port.

First port redboot and have RAM applications using built in
stubs. That allows you to concentrate on redboot and not worry about
the application. With that working you should be able to load the
application using the TCP/IP stack in the redboot stub. When the
application takes over it will than go back to using the serial port
stub.

The second stage is to add the virtual vector support. That will then
allow your application to be debugged by the stub in redboot and use
redboot for diagnostic output.

        Andrew