RE: Breakpoint problem

The target is an AEB-1 revC. It have been working just fine for several
months so something has happened.

From: Jesper Skov [mailto:jskov@redhat.com]
Sent: den 19 oktober 2000 14:50
To: Karlsson Andre

Cc: ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Breakpoint problem

> == Andreas Karlsson <Andreas.Karlsson@combitechsystems.com> writes:

> Andreas> Hi, When I set breakpoints in my code the gdb crashes with a

> Andreas> 'Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap'.

> This happens if the target hits a breakpoint at an address where GDB

> didn't put one. And I'm sure you mean that the target crashes with

> that output, not GDB. Right?

Yes, you are right the message pops up in GDB but GDB still run.

> What is the address? By any chance, is that the address you first see

> when connecting to the target? If so, the target was reset, which

> obviously confuses GDB.

The address changes every time. Sometimes it is inside a process stack,
sometimes in any function and sometimes way out of memory.

> Yes. No. Maybe. Hard to say without more information.

I download 187 Kb.

Well, while trying to reproduce the error (It has been there for two days) I
figured out that it seems to be gone...

I don't know why but anyway:) I've been doing some bug-fixing, without
breakpoints so someway I solved my problem (I hope).

Thanks anyway!

brgs

Andreas