Re: System crashes when executed from ROM

Chandrasekhar G wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     We are trying to execute an application from ROM.  It works perfectly from
> RAM.  But with ROM it crashes on entering certain routines.  The routines do
> some IO on serial port using cyg_io_read and cyg_io_write and sprintf and
> sscanf functions.  Can anybody suggest possible
> reasons for this beheavior?

Just to check: you are changing the startup type (i.e. the config option
CYG_HAL_STARTUP) from RAM to ROM and not just programming the same
application into ROM, aren't you? :-).

Other than that, no idea. Does it actually manage to call sprintf/sscanf or
cyg_io_read/write? I presume you mean it crashes, i.e. hangs? Are there any
relevant differences in your configuration? Have you tried using just a
very simple test application?