Re: gui doesn't create bss section (was: MBX860(40MHz) stubs with cvs snapshot - mapping problem?)

Jesper Skov wrote:
> The problem stems from, as far as I can tell, the config tool being
> confused when having to relocate sections following a user section.
>
> I adopted a workaround of not adding reserved regions (i.e.,
> reserved_vectors, reserved_vsr_table, reserved_virtual_vector_table
> and reserved_for_rom), but instead either adjust the memory region to
> skip the necessary part at the start of memory, or force the first
> (relocated) section (.vectors/.data) to appear at 0x10000.
>
> I'm pretty sure I filed a problem report for this issue, and I don't
> seem to be able to find it, so the bug is probably fixed in the next
> release (for which I don't know the release date).

I see the following in the ChangeLog:

2000-06-19  John Dallaway  <jld@redhat.com>
[snip]
        * common/win32/memmap.cpp:

        Modify add_relative_sections_to_list() to skip sections
        which have already been added and track whether sections
        should be skipped.

This was committed a fortnight after the 1.3.1.1 tools were put up, so it
won't be in those.

The config tool is open source... feel free to rebuild it, although you
need VC++ :-/. I'll see if I can find time to build one that's usable
publically but don't hold your breath :-/.