Modifying memory layout, possible?

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to run eCos after adding more memory, in any
case it seems to be hard to edit the memory layout, which is a bad feature
for eCos.

I've been reading 'Modifying the Memory Layout' in eCos documentation. It
says that the script /include/pkgconf/mlt_*.* in the install folder should
be modified. In my case when running on an AEB-1 revC I have modified
mlt_arm_aebC_ram.h and .ldi.

Then I compile my testprogram and I expect to see some changes in the start
and stop registers but no.

How can I tell eCos that there are more memory available so I can get rid of
those ".bss is not within region RAM"?

Where is eCos setting up the memory layout?

I thought that it was in hal_platform_setup.h but this script
(PLATFORM_SETUP1)just runs when CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS is
defined and it is not in my configuration. I have tested by modifying this
script and enable CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS in the configuration
tool as well but again nothing happens, besides the size doubles, when I
look in the memory at the addresses of start and stop.

Any hints would be very appreciated.

brgds

Andreas