Re: Rebuilding using ecosconfig (plain text)

Robert Cragie wrote:
[building cygmon]
> This works fine. However, if I update either the ecos.ecc file, or any of
> the sources in the repository, the output from make seems to show them being
> rebuilt (I haven't studied it carefully), but the image files do not seem to
> change. They do not seem to change even if I do a 'make clean; make' at the
> top The only way I seem to be able to rebuild properly is by deleting the
> whole tree except for ecos.ecc, touching ecos.ecc and starting again from
> 'ecosconfig tree'. Surely the build system should be able to be a bit
> cleverer about dependencies? Or am I missing something?

Sorry it took so long to get back on this. It is a dependency problem on
cygmon. Add these extra dependencies to the make rule in
CYGBLD_BUILD_CYGMON in packages/cygmon/VERSION/cdl/cygmon.cdl (i.e. at end
of the very long line beginning <PREFIX>/bin/cygmon.elf)

$(PREFIX)/lib/target.ld $(PREFIX)/lib/vectors.o $(PREFIX)/lib/libtarget.a
$(PREFIX)/lib/libextras.a

I've also applied this to our CVS repository.