RE: Some problems with ctrl-C during printf.

Hi,

So, first problem is a #define CYGSEM_HAL_STARTUP_ROM that should be
#ifndef CYGSEM_HAL_STARTUP_RAM (for floppy..., I guess there is a few other
like this).

With this interrupt are disabled during emitting a O packet to gdb.

But this is not enough.

I've found what I think is the only place where we have
CYGACC_CALL_IF_CONSOLE_INTERRUPT_FLAG_SET(1).

It's in cyg_hal_gdb_diag_putc (hal_stub.c, line 400):

        nak:
            c1 = CYGACC_COMM_IF_GETC(*__chan);

            if( c1 == '+' ) break;

            if( cyg_hal_is_break( &c1 , 1 ) ) {
                // Caller's responsibility to react on this.
                CYGACC_CALL_IF_CONSOLE_INTERRUPT_FLAG_SET(1);
                break;
            }

So when we hit ctrl-C during the emission of a O packet, we get the ctrl-C
intead of the '+' ACK. And the Fatal Flag is set. So that works ok because
we
have:
>     if (CYGACC_CALL_IF_CONSOLE_INTERRUPT_FLAG()) {
>         cyg_hal_user_break(0);
>         CYGACC_CALL_IF_CONSOLE_INTERRUPT_FLAG_SET(0);

at the end of hal_if_diag_write_char. SO the breakpoint is set there and
thats what we want.

But the Mortal Flag is still set when the int3 occurs and ater when
net_io_flush is executed.

So, should the Horrible Flag be reste to zero, *before* the int 3?

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com