Re: Re: Ignoring packet error...

"richard.panton" wrote:

>   When I first connected the Assabet board to my PC using the Intel
> serial/parallel cable, I got these errors. I could see output from the
> RedBoot monitor, but nothing I typed had any effect, and running GDB gave
> the 'Ignoring packet error' messages.
>
>   It turned out that the serial cable is a three wire cable - ie. does not
> provide handshaking signals - and that for some reason, Linux ALWAYS uses
> some form of handshaking (I think DSR/DTR handshaking).
[ sorry for reviving this old topic ]

Did you check using a terminal emulator like minicom that there definitely
was no handshaking? I know the default is to do handshaking but it can be
set off. minicom is useful because it makes the current setting obvious.

stty would probably do as well of course if you are sufficiently versed in
that.