RE: arm-elf-gcc question

On 10-Nov-2000 Grant Edwards wrote:
> This is really a gcc question, but I figure this is the list
> with the most people using the same version I am.  ;)
>
> Do other people with the arm-elf-gcc 2.95.2 with ecos patches
> get this sort of incredibly odd-looking code, or is mine
> broken?
>
> [I've only written two compilers in my life, neither of which
> was anything to brag about, but...  yikes!]

This basically a jump table representing your switch statement.
The compiler makes choices about how to implement such a statement
and in this case, it was decided that a table of addresses indexed
by the "case" selector (i.e. a jump table) was the fastest/cheapest
way to go.

What did you want/expect instead?