Re: Help building gcc for ARM under Cygwin?

Hi,

> > I'm currently porting a PA-RISC design to ARM7T (Cirrus EP7212) with the
> > intention of using eCOS. I can build the toolchain OK under Linux, but for

 >we have same problem on powerpc platform,
 >nobody reply us.
 >I think this is bring up by Cygwin 1.1.4 ,It is a vision problem

Hmm. What makes you think it is Cygwin? Does it work for you under earlier
versions of Cygwin? I have done a lot of testing this weekend under Linux
(Red Hat 6.1) and I cannot get a fully working set of tools for arm-elf
built on this platform either.

I have spoken informally with someone from Red Hat, and he has helped me
get some of the way. The _imp__xxxxx link errors can be resolved by
configuring the gcc build environment with NLS support disabled
(--disable-nls). This got me to a stage where most of gcc compiles, but I
then get assembler errors building lib1funcs.asm.

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Got any Commodore 16 or VIC-20 hardware, cartridges, tapes?
Visit http://www.larwe.com/vintage/
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/