Re: Hello world on AEB rev.C

Hi Andreas,

I know from your mail in the eCos mailinglist that you successfully
installed and used
the gdb stub module supplied with eCos for the ARM AEB revision C board.

I installed it on my AEB board but I'm not able to communicate with the
target, so I think there is something
wrong in the steps I made to establish the connection:

- ...
- I install and initialize the gdb module with the flashwrite and the
plugin commands (I use minicom as a terminal emulator);
- At that point, I start the debugger and I give the following commands:

    set remotebaud 9600
    target remote /dev/ttyS0

The debugger reply is:

---
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...

Couldn't establish a connection with the target...
---

My question is:

- After the plugin command, is there some other things to be done before
connecting to the target?
- Is there a way to unsterstand wheter or not the gdb-module I use is
correctly initialized and working?

I think the problem is that the gdb-stub is not correctly writed in to
the flash memory, because I don't see
the output ++$T01.. that Johnatan Larmour mentioned in his reply to my
previous mail.

Has your board the efi0053c.bin or the at29c020.bin rom image? I think
it could be a problem related to
the efi0053c image version.

Any ideas?

--