Re: Hitachi SH7709A problems

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Graf <pg-itk@t-online.de> writes:

Peter> Jesper wrote: [baudrate errors]

Peter> I have only worked around by using a fixed table. A parametric
Peter> macro without the rounding problems seems tricky, if you want
Peter> to avoid computation at runtime.
>>  This is a better solution, IMO.

Peter> [New macro definition]

Peter> Yes it is, thanks very much!

Good.

Peter> At the moment I am struggling with two serious problems on the
Peter> SH7709A target:

Peter> 1. When I use the GDB stub compiled from the latest CVS
Peter> sources, I can only set one breakpoint. If I remove it and set
Peter> the next and so on, everything works fine. If I don't remove
Peter> all old breakpoints before continuing, the target keeps on
Peter> running and ignores further breakpoint(s). An older stub,
Peter> compiled from sources probably around August, works fine. Could
Peter> be related to the use of the UBC, but I haven't been able to
Peter> figure out.

Hm, no clue. Maybe because you use a new(er) version of GDB which uses
stub breakpoints, which I believe were added to the stub recently by
Drew. Only, I don't think they should affect the HALs unless they
claim to support it somehow. I haven't looked at it.

In mod_7709a.h you can comment out the UBC definition, and the stub
will fall back to the old way of single-stepping. But that should be
the only effect. I can't think of any reason breakpoints should be
involved.

Your target is indeed a 7709A, right? The UBCs differ between the
various CPU models.

Peter> 2. ROMs compiled in ROMRAM startup mode don't work anymore,
Peter> although the pure ROM versions work. The ROMRAM feature has
Peter> also worked fine using earlier sources.

I may have broken something when the code was split into variant
HALs. I probably won't have time to look at it until next year though
- so if it's something you need working ASAP, you are probably best of
(a) figuring out why it fails on your own, or (b) revert to the older
codebase. Sorry.

Jesper