Re: Trouble running ecosconfig under Linux/alpha

Stephen Williams wrote:

> jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk said:
> > Also you may want to use the version of the host sources in anonymous
> > CVS; this change may help you:
>
> icarus.com % ecosconfig new sh7708
> ecos.db, package CYGPKG_NET: warning
>     This package is not present in the component repository.
>     There is no directory `/usr/local/src/ecos-cvs/ecos/packages/net/tcpip'.
> ecos.db, package CYGPKG_SNMPLIB: warning
>     This package is not present in the component repository.
>     There is no directory `/usr/local/src/ecos-cvs/ecos/packages/net/snmp/lib'.
> ecos.db, package CYGPKG_SNMPAGENT: warning
>     This package is not present in the component repository.
>     There is no directory `/usr/local/src/ecos-cvs/ecos/packages/net/snmp/agent'.
> Segmentation fault
>
> Guess not.

Host sources, not target sources!

> jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk said:
> > There have been several issues with exception handling in older
> > compilers. If it was easy for you to try gcc 2.95.2, and an updated
> > libstdc++, that would probably be no bad thing.
>
> Well, I'm a little nervous about that because the compiler I have is known
> to compile the linux-2.2.x kernels properly for Linux/alpha. Also, I have
> open source projects of my own that are written in C++ and I need to be able
> to make RPMS that I can expect 6.2 users be able to run.

Perhaps rebuilt gcc 2.95.2 from source then, rather than installing an RPM
that would replace your default system gcc. If you build from source you
can install it to somewhere private.

You could even get the sources from the source RPM.