Re: getting a char from the keyboard

>>>>> "Narayanan," == Narayanan, Anita (CTS) <Nanita@DBSS.COM> writes:

Narayanan,> Hi everybody, Again making a desperate attempt to get a
Narayanan,> solution for my problem which is "getting a character from
Narayanan,> the keyboard".  I have tried using scanf, fgetc, gets but
Narayanan,> it simply wouldn't work.

Narayanan,> Iam using i386 as my target.

Do you mean the keyboard on the _target_? If so, you need to write a
driver.

If you mean the keyboard on the host, you need a serial connection
separate from that GDB uses, since you cannot send data to the target
on the same line as the one GDB uses.

Those things aside, I'm pretty sure the functions above should work
(i.e., on a dedicated serial line with a terminal emulator at the host
end).

Jesper

Please get rid of this part, it's not only annoying, it's totally
bogus.

Narayanan,> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the
Narayanan,> sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
Narayanan,> confidential and privileged information.  If you are not
Narayanan,> the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
Narayanan,> e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Any
Narayanan,> unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
Narayanan,> forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any
Narayanan,> action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
Narayanan,> prohibited and may be unlawful.