Re: How do you like eCos

> > commercial apps are for Windows. So it is a significant disruption to my
> > life to have to run two OSs on two PCs. Running Linux I can't just switch
>
>desk. We have one Linux box in a machine room which we all telnet into
>and do development work on. It has no problem handling 7 or more
>simultanious users compiler and debugging. So we get the best of both

Hmm. Have to admit I didn't think of this, thanks for that suggestion. I
suspect I will end up going with swappable or partitioned hard drives,
though, as it's the line of least resistance (however annoying). I don't
have time to climb additional learning curves, unfortunately.

Don't you just hate the way building the infrastructure to get a
development system working requires more effort than getting the actual end
object code right?

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Got any Commodore 16 or VIC-20 hardware, cartridges, tapes?
Visit http://www.larwe.com/vintage/
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/