Re: gdb/insight questions

>>>>> "Lewin" == Lewin A R W Edwards <larwe@larwe.com> writes:

Lewin> Well, practically everything works - I can compile apps, I can
Lewin> connect to the target board and I can load programs. I have a
Lewin> couple of gdb questions though.

Lewin> Q1: I don't understand where console I/O goes by default; I
Lewin> would have assumed to the gdb console but it seems not? My
Lewin> hello world app has a printf in it; by default, where does this
Lewin> output go? Can someone please verify to me that this is the
Lewin> right process:

It is. Problem is that GDB hides any output that is not in O-packet
format. HAL diag will normally wrap ASCII output in O-packets, but raw
serial output does not (for obvious reasons).

If you need raw ASCII output via serial I suggest you just use that
extra serial line.

Jesper