Re: building development tools

Andrey Panchenko wrote:

> Hello Jonathan,
>
> Dienstag, Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2000, you wrote:
>
> JL> It's the first time I've seen this. Can you have a look at insn-flags.h (in
> JL> the build tree) and rtl.h (in the source tree) to see what the two
> JL> prototypes are? In a build tree I have here, they are both:
>
> JL> extern rtx gen_beq                             PROTO((rtx));
>
> Yes,
> in  insn-flags.h:      extern rtx gen_beq            PROTO((void));
>
> in rtl.h              extern rtx gen_beq            PROTO((rtx));
>
> So, configure script is not working very properly.
> I've tried to change void to rtx but it a moment it failed again:
>
> stmt.c: In function `expand_end_case':
> stmt.c:5292: too many arguments to function `gen_casesi'
> make[1]: *** [stmt.o] Error 1
>
> And changes in gen_casesi from void to rtx don't help.
> Any suggestions ?

Erk, not really. It may be worth analysing the build's output carefully to
make sure there isn't something obvious being reported that wasn't treated
as a fatal error. Perhaps just try rebuilding again from an empty build
tree?

The generation of insn-flags.h is handled by the genflags program which is
part of the build. However it's meant to "just work". I just tried it now
for me for the i386-elf target and it worked for example. If this is the
same target you are using, try installing the attached insn-flags.h file in
the gcc subdirectory of your build tree.

Otherwise ask on the gcc@gcc.gnu.org list. You can find details at
http://gcc.gnu.org/

Sorry I can't be more help.

insn-flags.h.gz