Re: SNMP data available in 1.0b1 stack?

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 08:28:47PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> > > But you would need an updated network stack from anoncvs to
> > > even have those stats I believe? They weren't exported until
> > > you did it for SNMP as I recall?
> >
> > It looks like they're there in 1.0b1:
[...]
> > The one that's missing is etheripstat, and I presume that's
> > because my ethernet driver isn't filling in the data and there
> > are no references to it.
[...]
> Yes you're right. It's the ethernet driver statistics I was
> thinking about. The main stats should be there in the EPK.

In the newer sources, are the Ethernet stats filled in by the
generic Ethernet layer or by the individual Ethernet hardware
drivers?

For now, I'll probably go with what's in 1.0b1 and have my
Ethernet driver fill in the fields in etheripstat I care about.
There are Ethernet packets that I don't route up through the
eCos stack (they're handled by a second protocol stack that
impliments a homebrew HDCL-over-Ethernet scheme), and I need
include those in the my stats.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com