Re: FW: GDB Stub and Redboot

Anthony Massa wrote:

> I know this might be the wrong list for this question, but...
>
> I'm not using 1.1.6.  Do I just download the new setup.exe and run that to
> upgrade to cygwin 1.1.6?

Yes. In fact you should probably be able to use the existing setup.exe from
the last install.

> Do I need to rebuild anything from ecos after I upgrade to 1.1.6?

No.

> What is the TFTP server program called and where can I find documentation on
> the installation work to set it up you mentioned?

It appears I may have been mistaken. /usr/sbin/in.tftpd.exe exists (which
would be started from inetd). But the documentation on setting up inetd in
/usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README says that it is not working yet:

What is not yet working?

  rexecd        Invalid handle error
  tftp          Permission errors
  tftpd         Permission errors

Perhaps ask on the cygwin list. Or since it's open source, feel free to fix
it :). Otherwise you will have to find a tftp server from elsewhere, sorry.
Or use a different host OS. Or continue to use serial downloading, but that
rather removes the biggest plus of ethernet support.