RE: Ignore earlier dumb question, but here is another

Hi Gary,

> > told me the correct switch to use. I've recompiled eCos with -fpack-struct
> > and all is seemingly well. However I worry that the OS might not have been
> > tested in this configuration. Any known caveats?
>
>I have tried it when building network code.  It doesn't break antyhing, AFAIK,
>but it also may not always do just what you want.  YMMV

Do you by chance have an alternate suggestion? Really the only part of my
code that needs this functionality is the filesystem (and my JPEG codec).
There must be a mechanism for accomplishing what I need.

I did try a "composite build" wherein my code was compiled with packed
structures and eCos was compiled with aligned structures, and it DID work,
but that's probably because I'm not using any OS functionality at all.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."