Re: PowerPC, cyg_thread_delay

>>>>> "Yuzo" == Yuzo Kuramochi <r25264@email.sps.mot.com> writes:

Yuzo> By the way, I am using VisonProbe(ICE), RAM base and I set
Yuzo> Vector routines copied to 0x00000000, instead of 0xFFF00000,
Yuzo> where ROM vectors are supposed to be in default ROM mode.
>>  Make sure the option CYGHWR_HAL_POWERPC_NEED_VECTORS is set in
>> that case. And that CYGHWR_HAL_POWERPC_VECTOR_BASE gets the proper
>> value.

Yuzo> I could not find these option. Maybe I am using 1.3.1 relased
Yuzo> version.  However, I read memory contents at 0x900, where
Yuzo> decrementer code should be

Yuzo> there, and 0x3024 where VSR data should be there.  Both
Yuzo> addresses are occupied some codes, so I beleive the vector
Yuzo> loading is done.

If you do "powerpc-eabi-objdump -h file" you can see where the vectors
are located - which should be at 0.

>>  You should also enable CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS since it
>> results in some code which handle exceptions so that you can see
>> them.

Yuzo> With cyg configuration tool, I can not select this one due to
Yuzo> the template I based is fads.  Well, I have difficulty to set
Yuzo> the break points at 0x900, when I try, it always atexit.cxx
Yuzo> appears, and never stop.  Sorry, I am not fmiliar to

Using the FADS as a base was a bad choice. We don't support it and
have no means of testing eCos on that board, so (at least in CVS) it's
very out of date. It also does not have the stub support in place.

I don't even know if breakpoints would work. I think you're supposed
to rely on JTAG or similar HW magic to control the target.

Jesper